Outdoor Activity Instructors
Outdoor Academy are currently recruiting Outdoor Activity Instructors to deliver high quality programmes for a wide range of clients.
Successful candidates will join a great team based near Reading in Berkshire on a 2 year fixed contract with a view to extending to a permanent full time contract.
A varied role for an experienced Outdoor Activity Instructor to plan and deliver educational programmes. We are looking for energetic and outgoing instructors who have a passion for working with young people.
We are an established alternative education provider working with young people who have challenging behaviours and additional learning needs. Alongside this, we deliver multi-activity programmes, residentials and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award as well as operating a thriving mobile provision supporting corporate, community and private events.
- Confident in leading professional and fun outdoor activities to a range of clientele
- A positive outlook and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Inspire and engage clients of all ages
- Flexibility to work evenings, overnight and weekends where required
- Awareness towards health and safety
- Confident in using computer software
Essential experience & qualifications:
- British Canoeing Level 2 Coach
- ArcheryGB Instructor
- Mountain Bike Instructor
- Full UK Driving Licence (B1 + E trailers will be advantageous)
- 16 Hour Outdoor First Aid
Desirable experience & qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years working in the outdoor youth development – 2 of these years should be lead roles
- British Canoeing White Water Kayak Level 3 or British Canoeing Level 2 + Moderate White Water
- Summer Mountain Leader
- Mountain Bike Technical Trail Leader
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding Level 1
- Wilderness Leader (proficient at open fires/cooking)
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Supervisor and Assessor Gold
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Minimum of two references including last employment
- Proof of identity and qualifications
- A clean Enhanced DBS certificate
- Candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
Salary: £19,000 – £25,000 dependant on experience and current qualifications
Hours: 45 hours per week Monday-Friday, overtime available during evenings and weekends
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days per annum (to be taken during school holidays) plus bank holidays
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call Dave or Jen on 0118 9712 769 for more information
We are always on the hunt for freelancers who have experience in the outdoors, relevant qualifications and above all, a great personality!
We rely on freelancers to assist our full-time staff team to deliver activity programmes during our busy times of the year.
If you would like to apply to be a part of our freelance team, please send us a copy of your CV detailing your qualifications and a covering letter to email@example.com or Outdoor Academy, Unit 4C Beenham Grange, Grange Lane, Beenham, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5PP.
Outdoor Academy is committed to the safeguarding of children therefore all staff and freelancers will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.