On making a booking with Outdoor Academy, we will require specific personal information in order to process your booking which includes your name, address, landline and mobile phone number and email address.
Each participant will be required to complete a Medical Consent Form (as defined in the Booking Terms and Conditions), detailing your name, address, landline and mobile number, next of kin contact details, your doctor’s contact details and any relevant medical information.
Your details will be kept within the records of Outdoor Academy. We will keep your details to inform you of any subsequent trips/activities that may be of interest to you. We may contact you from time to time, but we will not pass your details onto any other organisation or third party unless the information is requested by our insurers. If you do not wish to be contacted for information about trips or activities then please tick the relevant box on the Medical Consent Form.
During the course of the trip/activity, there may be times when photos are taken for publicity purposes which may be used on the Outdoor Academy website and printed material. If you do not wish photos to be taken of the person named on the Medical Consent Form then please tick the relevant box on the Medical Consent Form.
We may be required to provide particular information by law as permitted by the Data Protection Act. We are registered with the Information Commissioner for your protection.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of your personal information that we hold at Outdoor Academy. An individual who makes a written request is entitled to:
- be told whether any personal data is being processed
- given a description of the personal data, the reasons it is being processed and whether it will be given to any other organisations or persons
- given a copy of the information comprising the data; and given the details of the source of the data (where this is available).
The Rights of Access Procedure must be followed for any request of access to information:
- Access to personal information requests must be addressed to the Managing Director in writing and send to The Pump House, Ufton Court, Green Lane, Ufton Nervet, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4HD or email to email@example.com.
- OA will respond to any formal request within 40 calendar days.
- A recognised form of identification will be required by the person requesting the personal information.
- On correct identification, one copy of the information will be provided.
- On providing the information, a signed ‘Information Received Form’ must be completed by the Managing Director and client.
- A small fee will be payable to the amount of £10.00 per data subject.
If you believe that any information that we currently hold is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us in writing and send to The Pump House, Ufton Court, Green Lane, Ufton Nervet, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4HD or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will amend and correct any information as quickly as possible.
If you would like further information, or to see our Data Protection Policy in full then please call us on 0118 9833 943 or email email@example.com